I Love Food

The author is a food lover.
Message: I've grown up to love and appreciate the food laid out in front of me. My family members love food as much as I do. Its just a pity that my appetite is not as big as theirs. But I do manage to eat a lot when there's really really good food. I love all kinds of cuisine but have a soft spot for anything spicy. I cook for myself when I have the time. I bake for my family. And sometimes its perfect, sometimes its not. I'm not a professional chef, but I do love cooking. The aroma flowing out of the kitchen door is always the best, whereas the aroma coming out of the toilet door after a satisfying meal is not my favourite. There's so much more to know about me. Guess you're just going to have to find out. More about me.

It's Chinese Take Out Time

I decided to have this food blog to honor all the yummylicious food. You can visit my non-food blog here

Adventures With Chopsticks

A little about my cravings.
Proud
Undeniably the best dinner ever
Have a cuppa'
Yum Yum

Take Out Boxes

July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Fortune Cookies


Friday, August 10, 2007

Chu Kiok Chou
Now Chu Kiok Chou - Pork leg in Vinegar. To be frank, my family doesn't really like the leg part. Because there's too much fat. So we get the muscular part of the leg, and some part wit the fats. We take the knuckles.

Here's the ingredients:

Of course you need PORK! (sorry, Non-Halal)

Eggs. Hard-boiled. Ginger. What you need to do with them, is peel off the skin and crush it. That's all. Don't have to cut it or anything, but I'd suggest to cut the ginger in half then crush it. My dad just crushes the whole thing.
Garlic. Not really a lot needed. Peel off the first papery layer. And if there's another papery layer... get rid of that too. Wash the garlic. No need to peel it or chop it or anything. Just as it is.

I don't know what this is called. But the pictures it there.

Coriander.

One to three cinnamon sticks, according to how much you are cooking.

Last but not least. TWO WHOLE BOTTLES OF BLACK VINEGAR! Yes! My dad used TWO. It was not opened and we emptied both out. It amazes me. But then it also varies on the amount you are cooking.

Some extra ingredients. Gula Melaka, a teenie bit of oyster sauce and some salt if you wish (i dont) oh yea, and dried red chilies.

Intestines? That's optional. I say don't add it.


Put in the gula melaka, garlic, ginger, spices, chili and a bit of oyster sauce... stir stir stir


Stir and stir... dont worry about the gula melaka as blocks, it will melt.

add in the pork. And stir a bit. Add in the two bottles of vinegar. stir a little. and leave it to boil. and simmer for awhile. once the pork is cooked, add the eggs. heat. You'll want the flavour to get into the eggs. But after too long... one day? the egg will be HARD. hahah

So yea. There you go. Good good food!


The Guilty Princess fumbled with chopsticks @ 9:07 PM | 0 has delicate hands