I Love Food

The author is a food lover.
Message: I've grown up to love and appreciate the food laid out in front of me. My family members love food as much as I do. Its just a pity that my appetite is not as big as theirs. But I do manage to eat a lot when there's really really good food. I love all kinds of cuisine but have a soft spot for anything spicy. I cook for myself when I have the time. I bake for my family. And sometimes its perfect, sometimes its not. I'm not a professional chef, but I do love cooking. The aroma flowing out of the kitchen door is always the best, whereas the aroma coming out of the toilet door after a satisfying meal is not my favourite. There's so much more to know about me. Guess you're just going to have to find out. More about me.

It's Chinese Take Out Time

I decided to have this food blog to honor all the yummylicious food. You can visit my non-food blog here

Adventures With Chopsticks

House of Sudanese food
Lemon custard pudding cake
Chu Kiok Chou
A little about my cravings.
Proud
Undeniably the best dinner ever
Have a cuppa'
Yum Yum

Take Out Boxes

July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Fortune Cookies


Monday, August 13, 2007

Mamak Mee Goreng
Its one the the dishes that any foreigner needs to taste when they come to Malaysia. You know, its like when you go to a certain country, you HAVE to eat a certain dish, if not you would not have been there if you didn't eat it. Its like going to Thailand and not requesting for Tom Yam. Or going to Japan and not wanting to have sushi. Or going to Switzerland and not wanting cheese and chocolates. Hmm if you ever go Switzerland that's what you gotta bring back home. Or you go to New Zealand and not have good lamb. See what I mean? Its just that if you come to Malaysia, ONE WEEK is NOT enough to taste what you gotta. Well depends on how big your appetite is la.

Anyway, I think I have found one of THE best mamak mee goreng ever in Malaysia. Compared to all the mamak I've been to, I think this one I had was awesome. It wasn't soaking wet, it wasn't too dry. Just right. And the taste was there, with the lime juice. Perfecto! AND for RM5, it is very reasonable. I had the Mee Goreng Ayam (chicken fried noodles). Very good. Its WOW big. I had one plate and I was filled. Very very filled. I was already on the verge of throwing up, not because it wasn't good, but because the food filled up to the brim of my oesophagus. (what a way to describe)

Anyway, this place... Its called Restoran Maula... blah! I forgot!!!!!!! *sobs* Anyway its opposite the Serdang KTM station. What you gotta do is walk over the bridge, and the shop lots, its a corner shop. You come down the bridge you can see it. Cannot miss it.

AHHH!! I remember the name I remember it!!!!!!!! Restoran MAULANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe. It took me about 30minutes to figure out. Hehe, my bad.

Anyway if you wish to try it out and you're at my place. Ask!!! I'd gladly bring you. And I know my family wouldn't have any debates about eating at a mamak. We all love it there. =D

The Guilty Princess fumbled with chopsticks @ 8:06 PM | 0 has delicate hands