I Love Food

The author is a food lover.
Message: I've grown up to love and appreciate the food laid out in front of me. My family members love food as much as I do. Its just a pity that my appetite is not as big as theirs. But I do manage to eat a lot when there's really really good food. I love all kinds of cuisine but have a soft spot for anything spicy. I cook for myself when I have the time. I bake for my family. And sometimes its perfect, sometimes its not. I'm not a professional chef, but I do love cooking. The aroma flowing out of the kitchen door is always the best, whereas the aroma coming out of the toilet door after a satisfying meal is not my favourite. There's so much more to know about me. Guess you're just going to have to find out. More about me.

It's Chinese Take Out Time

I decided to have this food blog to honor all the yummylicious food. You can visit my non-food blog here

Adventures With Chopsticks

Jogoya & Spaghetti
Dinner at Jogoya
Dinner at Chilis
Mamak Mee Goreng
House of Sudanese food
Lemon custard pudding cake
Chu Kiok Chou
A little about my cravings.
Proud
Undeniably the best dinner ever

Take Out Boxes

July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Fortune Cookies


Friday, August 31, 2007

Malaysian Food
Since its Merdeka I decided to have a post on Malaysian food. Now, tell me... Who cannot resist Malaysian Food? As soon as you see a plate of Nasi Lemak or Roti Canai or Asam Laksa, do you feel the urge to dig in? DO you NEED to?

Because I for one, NEED to. I cannot (honestly) resist good Malaysian food.

If anyone comes to Malaysia, its a 'custom' to have a taste of Malay dishes, - nasi lemak, laksa, satay, rendang, sambal, mee jawa, ikan bakar - Indian and Mamak dishes, - a plate of mamak rice, mamak mee goreng, maggi goreng, nasi briyani, the indian curries, mamak curries, tandoori chicken, mee rebus, murtabak, roti canai, roti telur/ roti bawang - Chinese dishes - Hainan chicken rice, chili crab, steamed pomfret (or whatever fish you desire), hot and spicy kerapu/grouper/garoupa fish, sweet and sour pork, bak kut teh, yong tau foo, char kway teow, hokkien mee, wanton mee, curry mee, chee chong fun, lor bak, o'chien, popiah, LOK LOK!, ais kacang/ ABC - Nyonya dishes - Rojak, asam laksa, laksa lemak, mee siam, bubur cha-cha, cendol. Hmm, who can forget Curry Puffs, Pineapple Tarts, etc etc.

My, oh my. There REALLY is A LOT of dishes. Just so you guys know, there are actually LOADS more dishes. This are just a few examples.

I'm drooling right now. So much for losing weight. hahahahaahahaha.

Food is good. Malaysian food is the best. =D

If people come to Malaysia and don't eat these foods- its like going to Japan and not eating sushi or sashimi or udon. Its like showering without water (just not right). So yeaaaa... I promote Malaysia for its food. Mainly for that and the KL Tower and Petronas Twin Towers. And also the lovely beaches. AND also because its my homeland.

Happy 50th Merdeka!!!

The Guilty Princess fumbled with chopsticks @ 6:37 PM | 0 has delicate hands