I Love Food

The author is a food lover.
Message: I've grown up to love and appreciate the food laid out in front of me. My family members love food as much as I do. Its just a pity that my appetite is not as big as theirs. But I do manage to eat a lot when there's really really good food. I love all kinds of cuisine but have a soft spot for anything spicy. I cook for myself when I have the time. I bake for my family. And sometimes its perfect, sometimes its not. I'm not a professional chef, but I do love cooking. The aroma flowing out of the kitchen door is always the best, whereas the aroma coming out of the toilet door after a satisfying meal is not my favourite. There's so much more to know about me. Guess you're just going to have to find out. More about me.

It's Chinese Take Out Time

I decided to have this food blog to honor all the yummylicious food. You can visit my non-food blog here

Adventures With Chopsticks

Malaysian Food
Jogoya & Spaghetti
Dinner at Jogoya
Dinner at Chilis
Mamak Mee Goreng
House of Sudanese food
Lemon custard pudding cake
Chu Kiok Chou
A little about my cravings.
Proud

Take Out Boxes

July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Fortune Cookies


Sunday, September 2, 2007

Piccolo Mondo
Lunch at Piccolo Mondo today. Actually a VERY VERY heavy BRUNCH. Piccolo Mondo is located in MidValley Megamall, next to Madam Kwan's and on the same level as Toys 'R' Us. That would be the level above MPH.

Fried Calamari (squid) with tomato herb sauce. Not that bad. A little of a let down

They call this dish Funghi. Wrong spelling, well maybe that's in Italian. Its actually sauteed mushrooms. I thought it would be a different dish actually, more of like button mushrooms. But it was tasty. Not exactly my mum's liking though..

Dad's seafood soup. Ahh, it's good, but then I still think it lacks something. Can't really figure out, but its reasonable la. You eat it, you won't be satisfied completely but its edible.

Jessebel enjoying her Tusician Shake. I think that's what its called. Its a chocolate milkshake with chocolate syrup, ice cream and whipped cream. Oh Jessebel was actually 'vacuuming' the whipped cream. (yucks! there are things I don't eat - Nuts and whipped cream are the top of the list)

Ah, my ice tea. Quite nice actually. I thought it would be a little sweet for my liking because when they served it, I saw the layer of sugar syrup... But after stirring it, not bad. I like it!

The chef's reccomendation. A dish that my parents and Julz ordered. Its a seafood spaghetti, but baked.

The menu said...Tiger prawns... Eeeeyer! 'pian ren de' Such a pathetic looking prawn. And if I'm not wrong there was only about 4.

Look at the steam man! But honestly, the dish isn't good. Recommend what I ordered. A lot better. I think this dish was disappointing because the spaghetti was a little too soft. And the sauce... a bit generic? I don't know. Its not that great.

Julz being the poser that she bloody is. =.="


Uh-huh. My dish. Some Alio Olio bla bla spaghetti. Its so good!!! Very tasty. My only problem was that there was too much oil. I hate oily food, even if its olive oil. But I definitely enjoyed it.


So overall its not bad. Their service is a little slow. My dad asked for Equal sugar, because of his diabetes. And it took forever, so when my dad asked again... they said they don't have. Hello, that's a little sad ain't it? I mean ANYWHERE you go there is Equal sugar on the table. You don't have to ask for it, exclude kopitiams/hawkers and mamaks ok.

So yea, not bad. Oh and one of the chef looks awfully familiar. =S hahaha

Food - 6.5/10
Service - 5/10
Ambiance - 7.5/10


The Guilty Princess fumbled with chopsticks @ 6:12 PM | 0 has delicate hands