I Love Food

The author is a food lover.
Message: I've grown up to love and appreciate the food laid out in front of me. My family members love food as much as I do. Its just a pity that my appetite is not as big as theirs. But I do manage to eat a lot when there's really really good food. I love all kinds of cuisine but have a soft spot for anything spicy. I cook for myself when I have the time. I bake for my family. And sometimes its perfect, sometimes its not. I'm not a professional chef, but I do love cooking. The aroma flowing out of the kitchen door is always the best, whereas the aroma coming out of the toilet door after a satisfying meal is not my favourite. There's so much more to know about me. Guess you're just going to have to find out. More about me.

It's Chinese Take Out Time

I decided to have this food blog to honor all the yummylicious food. You can visit my non-food blog here

Adventures With Chopsticks

Meiji Chocolate
Stuffed Chicken
Lemon Grass Cafe, Shangri-La
Have you ever!?!?
Blue Italian and Seafood Restaurant
Piccolo Mondo
Malaysian Food
Jogoya & Spaghetti
Dinner at Jogoya
Dinner at Chilis

Take Out Boxes

July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Fortune Cookies


Monday, October 1, 2007

Palace of the Golden Horses - Carousel
I went for a Buka Puasa Buffet dinner at Palace of the Golden Horses (POGH). It was at their coffee house. We booked for 37 persons. YES! I'm not kidding, I'm not messing with your head. I'm dead serious. 37 - THIRTY SEVEN. Why so many? Hahaha. No not my whole family. It was a business treat. My dad belanja his employees.

I never expected soooo many people there. Kinda shocked me. Because firstly, its soooo far away. Secondly, the price isn't that cheap. And it definitely makes me wonder... How do some of these people manage to pay. No, I'm not looking down on people or anything, but honestly - are those there the ones whom are corrupted officials? Hmm. It makes me wonder.

Anyway, quite a lot of people, and that spoilt the mood. It was soooo stuffy and you had to queue up to take food. Plus its MALAYSIA! Yes, it may be a high class hotel... But its still MALAYSIA with MALAYSIANS!!! So yes, they cut in line. Push you aside. Take forever to scoop some food - they pick. Meaning dig around and find a piece. All this whilst they are FULLY aware that there's a long wait behind them. Oh, why am I not surprised? Its sometimes embarrassing. You see, if in Western countries, the men may (more likely) let a women in front of them. Especially if they are just taking the plate or something. But noooo! Not here. Here, men or women... they barge in front of you. Not even looking back to give an apologetic smile or anything... HELL NO! Nothing like that. Just barge and they take it that they were there before. Stupidddd!!! so irritating.

The awesome sunset. I tell you, I'm loving my house area because of the wonderful sceneries.

I definitely live for sights like this. And for Alicia's puppy. =P hehehe crap laaa. I keep thinking of the puppy.



We mess around before taking our food. Hahaha. So retarded

I liked this. Top - chicken breast with spinach. Bottom - Fish. Yummmy!

Rice with curry. Long beans. And Ostrich meat with black pepper sauce. Hmm. Let's just say that the black pepper sauce was a little tooooo sweet for me

Alamak!! go high class hotel eat ROTI CANAI!?!??! hahaha. Well their dahl was good. That's all I'm saying.

The chicken rice, tandoori chicken and some pastry. Hmm, the chicken rice was a little too salty for me

What's left of the chicken rice. Hahaha well, the chicken part la


Lamb Lamb Chop. Lamb in Rosemary sauce. Not that bad, but I can say I've tasted more yummy ones. The sauce was a little flat. Not enough taste. (Baaaa Baaaa!)

Ais Kacang aka ABC. Can you please tell me who the hell puts chocolate sprinkles in ABC? Hmm? When I said that out loud, my dad was carrying this for my little bro. And my dad said, "I do" ... and I was like... eeew. Enjoy...




Jessebel's Dessert. Look at that mess. Hahahahahaa! Kinda my fault. Whilst I was scooping it out from the cake dish, I didn't cut properly so I kinda made a mess. Lol

And yes, I do enjoy desserts. =D

This is what happened to Jessebel's dessert. Hehehe. She took so much and then cannot finish and make a mess. Looks *yuck*


Service - 7.5/10
Food - 8.5/10
Ambiance - 5/10 (its got such low ratings because of the many people whom spoilt my mood.)

Labels: ,


The Guilty Princess fumbled with chopsticks @ 3:43 PM | 0 has delicate hands