I Love Food

The author is a food lover.
Message: I've grown up to love and appreciate the food laid out in front of me. My family members love food as much as I do. Its just a pity that my appetite is not as big as theirs. But I do manage to eat a lot when there's really really good food. I love all kinds of cuisine but have a soft spot for anything spicy. I cook for myself when I have the time. I bake for my family. And sometimes its perfect, sometimes its not. I'm not a professional chef, but I do love cooking. The aroma flowing out of the kitchen door is always the best, whereas the aroma coming out of the toilet door after a satisfying meal is not my favourite. There's so much more to know about me. Guess you're just going to have to find out. More about me.

It's Chinese Take Out Time

I decided to have this food blog to honor all the yummylicious food. You can visit my non-food blog here

Adventures With Chopsticks

Piccolo Mondo
Malaysian Food
Jogoya & Spaghetti
Dinner at Jogoya
Dinner at Chilis
Mamak Mee Goreng
House of Sudanese food
Lemon custard pudding cake
Chu Kiok Chou
A little about my cravings.

Take Out Boxes

July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Fortune Cookies


Friday, September 14, 2007

Blue Italian and Seafood Restaurant
This restaurant is located in Shenzhen, China. To be exact, The Crowne Plaza Hotel in Shenzhen. Its a really beautiful hotel. Anyway.... this blog is a FOOD blog right? Not a travel or hotel blog... Hmm, maybe I might make this blog be a combined travelogue and food blog. Interesting idea. We'll see how it goes =)

Anyway, pictures!!!

Dad and Mum, as usual sitting like they are BOSS. =) Too bad no alcohol, or good wine for me.

I'm not a rose person, more of a lilies person. But I definitely loved this. It was so red. So eye-catching against the blue decor. And its fresh, not synthetic, plastic flowers. Really nice.

Table setting. So nice, EVERYTHING IS IN BLUE!!! Such a nice theme. Even the walls were. And the seats.

Even their MENU!


Something to go along with the bread. Minty, Butter, Olive. I used the first two alot. Not a big fan of olives.

Jacobson's dish was the first to come out. He was starving! And its HUGE! He had it ALL by himself.

Jacobson with his Beef Pepperoni Pizza

Its a little complimentary appetizer that everyone gets. Its tuna and potato (?) The brownish thing on the right side is the tuna. I had the beige thing and thought it was potato. But it really was delicious. Yum! PEPPER! Yum!

Dad ordered an appetizer that was like, he could pick five types out of a whole variety. So he picked these. See that CHILI?? Top left - prawns. top right - fish. center - cherry tomatoes. bottom left - big huge chilis. bottom right - some Italian ham, its actually absolutely delicious, although it looks raw.

Have a look at the Chili. I freaked out. I didn't dare touch it. Hahaha. But apparently it wasn't THAT spicy. Who knows for sure?

The pasta in three different sauces of your choice. Top left (clockwise): Pasta with tomato sauce. Spaghetti with basil and garlic sauce (yummm my fav. I want to learn to make it). And tagliatelle with beef bolognaise sauce

I ordered the special. It was Lamb with some sauce with wine. And some pasta underneath. Not fantastic, but definitely yummy.

Dad's seafood soup. =S A little flat.

We were having dinner and there was fireworks. =) YAY!!! Its beautiful isn't it. And btw, that lighted red-yellow-orange crane-looking thing is actually a canopy for the hotel's outdoor swimming pool. My fav kinda fireworks... Blue and White

Could have practically licked the plate. The sauce was yummy ok.

Seafood pasta. Hmm, we all know who's belly that is =P

Hmm, they set three apples out. And I'm wondering.... What the hell? Complimentary apples. But why only three?

Creative no? Using the apples as a base for the dessert platter. To raise it up. Btw, it was complimentary dessert. And they gave us ALL the different types of desserts they offered. YUM!!! And we all know that there was one type that I kao-kao eat. (hehehe, sabar. I'll get there). really Pretty!

Some ice-cream with this green coating thing. Hmm, I liked the desserts because they weren't overly sweet.

I enjoyed this. A delicious, slightly moist scone topped with ice-cream. I kinda ate the whole thing. =S *malu*

Hardened bread with some nuts. (i'm a no NUTS person so I didn't touch it) BUT I ate the ice-cream

Now you can see the apple being the base.

Creme Bleu. I normally like creme bleu, but this one wasn't that awesome. But I had it anyway. =) Big sucker for desserts eh?

Some Italian gelatin. =)
We all know what I crave for right? Something with a little cheese, moist layer of cake, maybe a tinge of wine, sometimes topped with cocoa powder. TIRAMISU! But this one was re-defined. But it was GOOD!!!


Ok, I'm not expecting you guys to fly all the way to Shenzhen, China to try out this restaurant. Frankly, I think that maybe there's better Italian food... in ITALY! (I'll be going soon. WHee!)

Well. Hmm, My family does have a thing for good Italian food. =) My parents still remember their seafood spaghetti that they had when they went to Italy... AGES AGO! I drool everytime they remind me they had better spaghetti than me.

Anyway, the waiters were really really friendly and were interested in our background and everything. And they were wondering what was "Dato' "

So.

Service - 9/10
Ambiance - 10/10 ( I LOVED THE THEME!!!!!!!)
Food - 7/10

The Guilty Princess fumbled with chopsticks @ 8:20 PM | 0 has delicate hands