I Love Food

The author is a food lover.
Message: I've grown up to love and appreciate the food laid out in front of me. My family members love food as much as I do. Its just a pity that my appetite is not as big as theirs. But I do manage to eat a lot when there's really really good food. I love all kinds of cuisine but have a soft spot for anything spicy. I cook for myself when I have the time. I bake for my family. And sometimes its perfect, sometimes its not. I'm not a professional chef, but I do love cooking. The aroma flowing out of the kitchen door is always the best, whereas the aroma coming out of the toilet door after a satisfying meal is not my favourite. There's so much more to know about me. Guess you're just going to have to find out. More about me.

It's Chinese Take Out Time

I decided to have this food blog to honor all the yummylicious food. You can visit my non-food blog here

Adventures With Chopsticks

Blue Italian and Seafood Restaurant
Piccolo Mondo
Malaysian Food
Jogoya & Spaghetti
Dinner at Jogoya
Dinner at Chilis
Mamak Mee Goreng
House of Sudanese food
Lemon custard pudding cake
Chu Kiok Chou

Take Out Boxes

July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Fortune Cookies


Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Have you ever!?!?
I am wondering, has anyone ever seen this fruit before? I actually had this in August or was it... July? I'm not quite sure. It was a while ago. And its not exactly my favourite. It looks like a mix rambutan and lychee. Hmm like its been genetically engineered. The 'skin' is like the rambutan, EXCEPT its not hairy. Its like poky like the durian, but not so spiky. The flesh is not as crunchy as the rambutan, more on the softer side like the lychee. And the seed... just like the rambutan. So I'm guessing that certain genes from each fruit has been extracted and used to make this fruit. I honestly don't like this fruit. Its not as sweet as the rambutan. Not as yummy as the lychee.... Its like sour sour... and the texture is WRONG! I don't fancy it. NO! I'm NOT picky. I just somehow fancy rambutan more. Grrr! but damn lazy to open ok. I won't usually eat rambutan unless someone opens it for me. And I never eat lychee, UNLESS, its in that syrup thing. Hehehe, lazy or WHAT!??! Anyway, here are some of my pictures. =)

See what I mean by the durian spikes, and rambutan hair.

It grows like the rambutan... one branch has many... and like the lychee as well.

Up close... Eeee can see that worm or not? Hahaha Just messing. But it'd be cool. I'd actually play with it. =P

Idiotic Julz,

You open it just like the rambutan. Don't use mouth... Actually more like mangosteen. Use your hands to crush it open. It opens quite nicely. I was soooooooo excited when I opened it. The flesh looked soo good.

Posing a little with my hand. Hahahahahah!


Julz decided to join into the whole hand posing thing. Grr! Girl, that's MY THING!


Just different lightings and angles of the open fruit before I put it into my mouth

I took a bite, and couldn't really separate the flesh from the rest of the fruit, including the seed. ANd it was just such a funny texture.

Finally managed to eat half of it. Had a good taste, and chucked the rest.



Not my favourite. I wouldn't eat it ever again. So yea, anyone has ANY idea on what this fruit is actually called?



The Guilty Princess fumbled with chopsticks @ 6:19 PM | 0 has delicate hands