I Love Food

The author is a food lover.
Message: I've grown up to love and appreciate the food laid out in front of me. My family members love food as much as I do. Its just a pity that my appetite is not as big as theirs. But I do manage to eat a lot when there's really really good food. I love all kinds of cuisine but have a soft spot for anything spicy. I cook for myself when I have the time. I bake for my family. And sometimes its perfect, sometimes its not. I'm not a professional chef, but I do love cooking. The aroma flowing out of the kitchen door is always the best, whereas the aroma coming out of the toilet door after a satisfying meal is not my favourite. There's so much more to know about me. Guess you're just going to have to find out. More about me.

It's Chinese Take Out Time

I decided to have this food blog to honor all the yummylicious food. You can visit my non-food blog here

Adventures With Chopsticks

Jacobson's birthday Lunch
My cravings and Non-cravings
More Food! Actually Hot Chocolate!
Donut Empire
Food food CREAM PUFFS!
FOOD! (Japanese Edition!)
Fit for a King
My Chili
Palace of the Golden Horses - Carousel
Meiji Chocolate

Take Out Boxes

July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Fortune Cookies


Sunday, July 27, 2008

Tony Roma's

Not Toni the football player... Not Roma the football club. OK OK OK!!! Sad + lame... I KNOW!!! Blame blame FOC. hahahaha.

Moving along, today I went to Suntec with my family. Reason was because mum wanted to see the Singapore Garden Festival or exhibition or whatever it is. And so we all went. More on that later. Will upload the pictures and all. Really really nice.

Now, so lunch was also at Suntec. And if you are really willing to splurge for food, then this is your place. The food is delicious! But again, me being Jacqueline didn't eat a lot. Hmm, sad sad sad. But later I show you what I ordered and you'll understand. So jelat! But so delicious.

So Tony Roma's is a restaurant located in Suntec or Orchard Road (sadly), its famous for ribs - PORK ribs. And its DELICIOUS!!!

And if I say its good - YOU KNOW its good. Me being quite a gourmet food lover and a taste bud that is not easily satisfied =P hahahaha. LOL! OK LAH! PICKY EATER. Pffft! But picky in the sense that I still eat almost all sorts of food, just a matter of whether I like it or not.

So went there with the family. Dad's in East Malaysia on business so he didn't join us. Jun Yen (John's friend) joined. We were split into two tables but it was still alright.

I believe my ordering of food is good - so HMPF! ;)

DSC00713

DSC00714

This is the Ocean Feast. I'm not sure if it was meant for 2 or 4 people. But the waiter said it wouldn't be enough - HELL HE WAS WRONG!!! Hahaha. OK LAH! Maybe for me. Btw, it was all ladies on my table - mum, Julz, Bel and I. And all men on the other table. This dish is mostly fried but its good. There is calamari, corn, fish, shrimp and potato crabmeat salad. Not bad. The sauces are good. And if you know me... I'm not so much of a lover of fried foods but this was alright. Although to me the fish was a little flat. 6.5/10. Tough Luck. Sorry lah! I'm not a big fan of fried food.

DSC00715

This is the St. Louis Rib. THUMBS UP!!! We had it with the Red Hot sauce. There are three types of sauces. Honestly, it was a lot for me. But we really enjoyed it. Looks big right? But its mostly bones, so yea. Its quite yummy. Four people sharing one is not enough. ;) The other table had three plates so yea. But then we had other things. I really give two thumbs up to this dish. The sauce is good, the ribs was lean (NO FAT!!! YAY!) and the fries were YUMMY!!! 10/10... BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FIND THIS IN MALAYSIA!!!!

DSC00716

Bowtie Chicken Pasta. YUM YUM YUM!!! This is what I ordered. It was meant to be shared but everyone wanted the other food more. But once they ate this - hmm, they couldn't stop. Its bowtie pasta, with a creamy, cheesy sauce with sun dried tomatoes, a little bit of spinach and topped with chicken. Its SOOOOO GOOD! And its a BIG portion I tell you. And I can imagine some of you already saying, "Jacq's standard of big is normal" Pfft! Well, its BIG ok. Even for a big eater like my sister :P Hahaha. But its seriously deliciously awesome. It beats Ciao in KL.  9/10. Only because it made me so uncomfortable. Hahhahaa

DSC00718

Hmm, satisfaction baby!!! Hahaha. Btw, that's Julz. Not mine. I didn't have any bones. I stole all of the meat. WAHAHAHA! But its so good, you just keep licking it until all the sauce is gone.  

DSC00719

Btw, this picture was taken before we were actually done with the food. Julz finished the fries. And I swear it was a really really clean plate. ;)

DSC00720

Again, taken before we were really completely done. So we did finish everything. Every plate was clean - except for the bones.

DSC00717

They say it, and I agree with it.

So now the pricing. It was about SGD230. Two tables of four. All the dishes here plus another three plates of ribs. Of course, if you were to think of dollar-to-Ringgit, its not worth it. But Dollar for dollar then ok. Reasonable. I wouldn't go unless... SOMEONE BELANJAs... hahahaha. THAT'S one of the upside of being in a relationship... CORRECT!?!??! hahaha. I'm just joking. Still single until... we'll see.

Anyway, for students I think its a little expensive. So yea. That's the only down side. In total, considering the price, food, service etc... I give it an 8.5/10. TRUST ME THAT IS HIGH!!!  

If you want to splurge and have good food. This is your place. =D

Labels:


The Guilty Princess fumbled with chopsticks @ 10:15 PM | 0 has delicate hands