I Love Food

The author is a food lover.
Message: I've grown up to love and appreciate the food laid out in front of me. My family members love food as much as I do. Its just a pity that my appetite is not as big as theirs. But I do manage to eat a lot when there's really really good food. I love all kinds of cuisine but have a soft spot for anything spicy. I cook for myself when I have the time. I bake for my family. And sometimes its perfect, sometimes its not. I'm not a professional chef, but I do love cooking. The aroma flowing out of the kitchen door is always the best, whereas the aroma coming out of the toilet door after a satisfying meal is not my favourite. There's so much more to know about me. Guess you're just going to have to find out. More about me.

It's Chinese Take Out Time

I decided to have this food blog to honor all the yummylicious food. You can visit my non-food blog here

Adventures With Chopsticks

Fried Omelette
Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce
Formosa Delights
Ahhh farrrk!
Sakura - Anticipating Japan
Eating Weekend
Lamb Stew and 3-cheese mushroom pasta bake
Food Food!
12.09.08 - 13.09.08
Dinner with John and Yin Chau

Take Out Boxes

July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Fortune Cookies


Saturday, November 15, 2008

Marumoto Ra-men
I went to Clarke Quay to PARTY! Hahaha Pre-exam party?? or rather... MID-EXAM party!!

Hahaha! nah, I went to Clarke Quay to eat ra-men. Jun Yen introduced the place to us. Its at the third floor of Central and called Marumoto Ramen.

The turnover rate is quite fast, so don't be put off with the long queue. We got in and again, don't be put off with the "look like nothing" menu. Its actually not bad.

A bowl of ramen is SGD12. You can add various toppings like extra meat (char sui) or negi (egg). The egg is SGD1, and 3 extra pieces of meat is SGD4.

And my advice, if you are a big eater, don't finish the soup. Because you can add noodles for SGD2. And from the second addition of noodle you get one free topping. Which IMO, you might as well don't add topping at first and add noodles to get the topping. Or cheat the fella and tell them its your second noodle addition (of course your friend also adds). Anyway... here are the pictures. I sooo wished I had a proper camera. It would look SO MUCH more appetising. I SWEAR! Especially with my dead Sony (RIP).

Ramen
SGD12. Without additional topping.

Ramen
SGD12 + SGD1 (egg) + SGD4 (additional 3pcs of meat) = SGD17


I super loved the noodle texture. Its springy and just fabulous!

According to JunYen, its supposed to "melt" in your mouth. But then that's only the FATTY layer. =.=

Yaki Char Sui (SGD6)
Not THAT bad, but I prefer lean meat.

Another serving of Yaki Char Sui
Eh, did you see something different? That's right, second serving got FIVE pieces of meat. Hhahaa LOL at JunYen

When we were done, the queue was longer than when we were there.

The undercharged receipt. Also so cool, we had two tables. BOTH also undercharged. LOL

Sinister John with his undercharged bill...


Hey Jonathan Chew Ruzhe, you're gonna curse my camera dropping into food again RIGHT?!

Gonna look forward for parents coming so that they can pay ;) and btw, its a bit salty in my opinion. the soup I mean. Hhahaha at least water is free :P

Labels:


The Guilty Princess fumbled with chopsticks @ 12:20 AM | 0 has delicate hands