I Love Food

The author is a food lover.
Message: I've grown up to love and appreciate the food laid out in front of me. My family members love food as much as I do. Its just a pity that my appetite is not as big as theirs. But I do manage to eat a lot when there's really really good food. I love all kinds of cuisine but have a soft spot for anything spicy. I cook for myself when I have the time. I bake for my family. And sometimes its perfect, sometimes its not. I'm not a professional chef, but I do love cooking. The aroma flowing out of the kitchen door is always the best, whereas the aroma coming out of the toilet door after a satisfying meal is not my favourite. There's so much more to know about me. Guess you're just going to have to find out. More about me.

It's Chinese Take Out Time

I decided to have this food blog to honor all the yummylicious food. You can visit my non-food blog here

Adventures With Chopsticks

Eating Weekend
Lamb Stew and 3-cheese mushroom pasta bake
Food Food!
12.09.08 - 13.09.08
Dinner with John and Yin Chau
Dinner at Mr Chen's
Beach Road Prawn Noodle House
Snacks and Supplement
Not Satisfied
Beard Papa's

Take Out Boxes

July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Fortune Cookies


Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sakura - Anticipating Japan
I don't know if its because I'm going to Japan or if I really do love Japanese food, but I've been craving for it. And I've been eating it A LOT! hahaha. Went to Sakura with John and YinChau. Its located around West Coast/Clementi West, on top of a hill.


Its a multi-storey buffet restaurant. The concept is very similar to Jogoya in Starhill, KL. Except this is a cheaper (yes, its amazing!) and more lousy version of Jogoya. Hahaha. There was one thing I hated about Sakura... some parts of the floor was greasy, so it just feels weird when you walk. And some parts of the restaurant was just too cramped up. Anyway it costs SGD28 per pax. Its one of the cheapest buffets around Singapore (even in Malaysia, if you were to convert... then maybe among the cheapest).

Anyway let's get to the food.

We were seated at table 109.
And as you can see the clips with the table number. Similar with Jogoya... BUT this one is not so class. HAHAHAHA!!!


Japanese Appertisers if I may say.
Compared to Shokudo, the sashimi and sushi here is not as good. The sashimi is not as fresh... I believe its because they just place it on ice and its not really immersed. The salmon was cut too thick (kinda weird) and well the sushi.... I can buy at Jusco and it might be nicer.
However since its JAPANESE food... hahaha Edible


Teriyaki Salmon. I didn't try this. Was not up to the mood and it doesn't look THAT appetising huh? Btw, when we were leaving we saw the chef making it nicer, the salmon pieces were thicked and had skin. I think its La la la goooood!

Clams with Garlic Butter. Quite a small portion and a little plain. Had the garlic smell but not so much of the taste. So I'd say its edible

Now! We start from the rice going clockwise k. Butter Rice (la la la goooood), Sweet and Sour Fish (edible), Beancurd Roll (la la la goooood), Stir Fried Vegetables (I call it, LOVE LOVE LOVE), Thai Chicken (horrendous), Mushroom with Sea Cucumbers(Absolutely fucking orgasmic) and in the center of it there's Mutton Rendang (Absolutely fucking orgasmic). And also next to the buttered rice, is Salmon in Mango Sauce (and its FUCKING HORRENDOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Woooohoooo Baked stuff... with... CHEEEEEESE!!!!! From the left clockwise: Baked oyster. John says its not good. I think its because its cold. However from his opinion, HORRENDOUS!!! Baked Prawns with cheese. Now this... is ABSOLUTELY FUCKING ORGASMIC!!!!!!!!!!! wahhaa, it would have been even better if it was hot. Baked Mussels. This is I call it, LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Yin Chau mistakenly took the mushrooms because she thought it was with sea cucumbers (actually I think they named it wrongly at first, 'cause when I went to get it, it was correct). Anyway it was mushrooms and radish, IMO, not bad. The chili crabs were ok, just quite empty. No flesh. LOL

Ah, as you know me la, during buffets there's no appetizer followed by main course. Its all mumbo jumbo. But dessert definitely comes last.
So there, we have mussels, seasoned seaweed and baby octopuses. YUMMY!!!!!!!!!

Black Pepper Lamb... DELICIOUS!!!!! One, I loooooove lamb. I'm still thinking of dad's lamb stew (reminder: get recipe). Two, I loooooove black pepper!!!!!!! hahaha. So yes, good combo! ;)

The drinks. I had green tea. (foreground)

Dory fish with Mango Sauce. THIS was HORRENDOUS! The problem with it is, the fish did not compliment the sauce. WHY!?!?!? Because they seasoned the fish with salt and pepper, then they top it with slightly SWEET mango sauce. Wrong laaaa! But the fish on its own was SOOOOO yummy. I swear it was SO fresh and delicious!



Wanted to show you the beautiful skyline that I saw... especially the dusk skyline slowly going black. Too bad for the reflection.





Green Tea Mochi. I had NO idea what to expect. I've watched a TV show, I survived a Japanese Game Show, and they feature this a lot... so here's my take.

When I first bit into it, it was a weird texture. And the green tea powder on the mochi just dried up everything. However, the filling inside and the "pastry" (its not actually called pastry lah, I'm not sure what it is, but its made of rice) worked wonders. Its so unique.

I don't know how people can put the whole thing in their mouth and chew, I bit half and had difficulties. LOL! Its unique la... I can't wait to go to Japan and eat the REAL deal... =) The consistency is really weird, because one moment, you have to chew a lot and the next, its slowly melting in your mouth.

The different desserts. There were actually loads more, but I didn't feel up to it. I was too excited about the mochi. =P


I swear that I did not purposely wipe my mouth to give this effect. I just randomly wipe, then when I saw the tissue paper... eh so cute! hahaha.Can't see it? then NVM.

And so after hanging around and talking for a bit... we decided to go back...

this is a 'satisfied' me

Anyway the buffet costs SGD28. It serves Japanese food but has other kinds of cuisines. And it does not serve pork.

Overall, its OK. I'd probably go back some other time but not too soon. The food isn't glorious, sometimes its just... No, it doesn't cut my taste buds. So yeah, however, if you don't have my gourmet accustomed taste buds, go ahead. Its very packed btw! haha.

I'd give it a 3/5, to be honest. But its good. No harm. I filled my tummy, and I walked back home. Haha

Labels:


The Guilty Princess fumbled with chopsticks @ 10:42 PM | 0 has delicate hands