I Love Food

The author is a food lover.
Message: I've grown up to love and appreciate the food laid out in front of me. My family members love food as much as I do. Its just a pity that my appetite is not as big as theirs. But I do manage to eat a lot when there's really really good food. I love all kinds of cuisine but have a soft spot for anything spicy. I cook for myself when I have the time. I bake for my family. And sometimes its perfect, sometimes its not. I'm not a professional chef, but I do love cooking. The aroma flowing out of the kitchen door is always the best, whereas the aroma coming out of the toilet door after a satisfying meal is not my favourite. There's so much more to know about me. Guess you're just going to have to find out. More about me.

It's Chinese Take Out Time

I decided to have this food blog to honor all the yummylicious food. You can visit my non-food blog here

Adventures With Chopsticks

12.09.08 - 13.09.08
Dinner with John and Yin Chau
Dinner at Mr Chen's
Beach Road Prawn Noodle House
Snacks and Supplement
Not Satisfied
Beard Papa's
The Night of extremes
Brek @ Changi Airport (Terminal 2)
Yum!

Take Out Boxes

July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Fortune Cookies


Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Food Food!
Over the weekend (Saturday actually) I cooked! I'm so happy and fat. Hahaha.

I finally managed to cook. Cook something I want to eat. Cook good food. Cook and get like no one's business. Wahahahaha.

So I attempted Aglio Olio and Pasta with Pesto Sauce. The latter more successful. But both were good. Didn't really make a good aglio olio as I didn't have chilli or chilli powder. And I was scared of adding that as Yin Chau can't take spicy. Well, at least there was taste. And it was too oily. HAHAHAAHAHHAAHHAH! but the sausage was good. Cheap Farm's Best Chicken Sausage. *grins*

Basically Aglio Olio is the EASIEST to do. You need loads of garlic in a hot pan with olive oil. Add some chilli, pepper, salt, oregano to taste. Add sausage (optional). You don't add mushroom to this ok!!! (LOL at John!) Then you mix in the pasta. Yum Yum! Simple and quick. I normally like loads of pepper ;)

This was a little plain, but definitely edible. I've definitely cooked better. Attempt 2 coming soon. hahhaa

Pasta with Pesto. Ahhhh the BEST!!!

My favourite type of pasta. PESTO!!! But I also like Marinara, Carbonara, Alfredo, the usual Tomato Sauce, Sardine (oh I am NOT kidding you. Dad cooks it the BEST, gonna get him to do it when I'm back in KL. Then I'll learn and cook for... you?), Mornay (ahhh lobster!!!), Mac and CHEESE!!!, Napoleane,.... Gosh you NAME it!!! I'll eat it! If it ain't obvious enough... I LOVE PASTA! Heck, I love FOOD!!!

Anyway, Pasta with pesto is another simple dish to make. But you need loads of fresh basil to get the best out of it. You need basil, garlic, EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), pine nuts, Parmesan cheese. Salt and grounded Black Pepper to taste. What you then need to do it dump it all in the food processor and whirl it away. Once you have a nice thick paste, you're set. You just cook the pasta, keeping aside a cup of "pasta water" (the water you cooked the pasta in). Mix the pasta and pesto paste. If its too dry add a little of the "pasta water" and mix well. Grate some Parmesan cheese on the top and you're set to go. *grins* Of course you can make this a salad as well, add cherry tomatoes (halved) and chill it.

Ohhh SOOOO GOOD!!! ;)


Together. *grins* over exposed though. LOL!



I'm so happy!!! I'm going to cook next weekend as well. Pasta again. This time.... 3-Cheese Pasta Bake. Hmm, does the oven work??? And a Lamb Stew. Wahahaha hopefully I can pull it off. *grins*



Can you guess what's one of my favourite things to snack on that looks like strips of plastic actually? Lol Wahaha. K lah! Incentive, if you get it right, I'll cook for you one day. LOL!!!


Labels:


The Guilty Princess fumbled with chopsticks @ 1:56 PM | 0 has delicate hands