I Love Food

The author is a food lover.
Message: I've grown up to love and appreciate the food laid out in front of me. My family members love food as much as I do. Its just a pity that my appetite is not as big as theirs. But I do manage to eat a lot when there's really really good food. I love all kinds of cuisine but have a soft spot for anything spicy. I cook for myself when I have the time. I bake for my family. And sometimes its perfect, sometimes its not. I'm not a professional chef, but I do love cooking. The aroma flowing out of the kitchen door is always the best, whereas the aroma coming out of the toilet door after a satisfying meal is not my favourite. There's so much more to know about me. Guess you're just going to have to find out. More about me.

It's Chinese Take Out Time

I decided to have this food blog to honor all the yummylicious food. You can visit my non-food blog here

Adventures With Chopsticks

Must eat back home
What a day!
Yesterday's Breakfast
Egg, Cheese and Sausage and Onion Sandwich.
Marumoto Ra-men
Fried Omelette
Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce
Formosa Delights
Ahhh farrrk!
Sakura - Anticipating Japan

Take Out Boxes

July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
April 2009
May 2009

Fortune Cookies


Sunday, January 11, 2009

What's for dinner and lunch?
Dinner last night, I ate alone. Well it was alright. It was YUMMY actually. I must say my cooking is getting better. *grins* Or maybe its because I'm deprived of good, tasty food. Oh well, but I promise you last night's dinner was good.

What did I have? Hehe.

Simple fried rice with french beans, straw mushroom with meat and chicken.

The fried rice was fried with... RICE, french beans, a bit of soya sauce, a lil of oyser sauce, pepper and a lil bit of chili sauce. HAR!?!?! CHILI SAUCE?!?! Well, you don't know how good it is until you've tried it. Anyway another recipe for fried rice is garlic, egg, chili sauce and cheddar cheese slice. Go try. DAMN GOOD! Add loads of pepper if you like the taste of pepper.

The straw mushroom was cooked with garlic and minced meat. Oyster sauce and a dash of soya sauce (for the taste) and pepper. Simple as that. Cook the garlic until fragrant and then add the meat. Then just add the mushroom and the sauce. Keep stiring until mushroom is soft and you can kinda tell when this kind of mushroom is done. They will give off liquid and it looks a bit starchy.

The chicken was more complex. =P

First you marinate it. Marinade: Marmite, sesame oil, five spice powder, pepper, oyster sauce and a teenie bit of soya sauce. Mix it all up. Marinade the chicken and then coat it with a little bit of flour. And drop into a pan with a little bit of oil. Add the extra sauce and stir-fry until cooked.

If you don't like marmite, you can leave it out, or just put a little bit. Not too much or it'll be too salty and the Marmite taste will be strong. Another marinade would be to substitute the marmite and oyster sauce with "fu yi" chinese fermented beancurd.


And I cooked Seafood Spaghetti for lunch today. *nyum*

The seafood. Something I learned back home. Don't cut the prawn head and throw it away. Keep it and use it to cook soups. It adds A LOT of taste and is absolute delicious. A little water, some chicken stock, prawn heads, prawns (remove shell) and clams (lala). Just throw it all in and let it boil. Once it has, taste it and add salt/pepper to taste. Simmer over low heat.

Cook the spaghetti. Quite basic ok!

And then heat a pan. Add some EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and minced garlic. Stir until fragnant. Add in the seafood with a little of the soup. Really up to you, how wet you want it or how dry. But must have some of the soup. Add in the spaghetti and stir. Add some salt and pepper to taste. And stir stir. Turn off the heat and pour onto a plate.

VIOLA!!!!

I PROMISE YOU ITS VERY DELICIOUS!!! And what happens if you have extra seafood? Well cook some rice and eat with it. :P Or make seafood porridge. If you make the porridge, best if you have sliced fish to add... YUMMY!!! Or just drink it as a clear soup. Or cook a little bit more spaghetti and finish it!!! **YUMMMMMY!!!!!!!!!**


WHeeee. I've fatten up during the weekend stay here. LOL! Time to lose weight in NTU. Hahahaha. waiting for John to come back... He just arrived, so he'll probably reach in about an hour's time... or less.

Time for a little bit of accounts.

Labels:


The Guilty Princess fumbled with chopsticks @ 1:15 PM | 0 has delicate hands